Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I have how many days left?


Ew. That is too loooong.

We were able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time yesterday. Now, not the first time ever, but for the first time since I had the horrific dream that I lost the baby. Which, of course, had me worried for the 3 weeks since I had the dream, so imagine my disappointment when we couldn't hear it at first. She completed my exam, then tried again (apparently, my uterus is super-low). It worked. We heard it for a brief moment.

That was enough for me, though.

I'm starting to get some of my energy back with less bouts of nausea. Saturday, Puppy and I did some yard work. Just a few hours worth. It took me all that evening and most of Sunday to recover. My calves still hurt.

I read posts of my friends who have already had their babies. I'm sooooo jealous. I loathe this pregnancy. The pregnancy with G seemed easy (it was after he was born that it took its toll). Or perhaps I've just blocked it all out. Or how about my friend 'C' who had 3 at once. Imagine how spectacular that pregnancy was.

On my way to a customer visit today I saw a dog crossing the street. I started to cry because I thought he may get hit. I'm such an emotional tart right now.

Anyway, we're nearing my second trimester (thank all that is holy!) and I should have more ultra sound pics before we leave for vacation on the 2nd (Nashville, here we come!!!). Yes, another ultra sound. This one is looking for signs of birth defects, apparently, but I'll take any chance to see the little booger.

No comments:

Post a Comment