Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Am I still pregnant?

I'm done. I'm not pregnant anymore. It's been 2 weeks yesterday.

Why, oh why then, am I feeling pregnant?

Yes, I get that I'll still be plump and and squishy. But I'm still constipated, still swollen, and still have numbness in my fingers.

I'm not sure why I'm sharing that information. Mostly because of all my postpartum symptoms, the numbness annoys me most of all. I'm dropping things constantly.

The great news is that I'm not experiencing the depression I did with G. Exhaustion is still there, but I guess that's part of the fun of being a new parent.

I made the mistake of asking Matt, considering everything that happened with the pregnancy and delivery, if he'd do it again. He would. I won't. I don't think. I suppose if I could continue to stay home and he could make more money, I would make more babies. I still haven't found a job since being fired in July and unemployment doesn't exactly pay the bills like sales did, but we're getting by and I'm whoring my resume like a madwoman.

If we had the money, however, I would be a stay at home mom in a heartbeat! I never thought I would have the patience, but before Ella was born, it gave me time to get everything for her ready. Now, I have time to clean and organize. Not necessarily cook because I don't enjoy it in our tiny kitchen, but I've been known to fix a plate here and there.

It's gonna suck going back to work after so much time off and leaving her. I am anxious to make money, especially with Christmas fast approaching, but I will try to enjoy the time while I can. And seriously, the kids just make it so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment