Monday, February 15, 2010

The first day, otherwise known as Week 6

No. We were not planning; we were not expecting. And, we were unaware.

Most months, my period is right on time. There have been those few months where I've been a few days late, take a test, and of course it's negative.

By the way, I hate those women who say "I just knew." I didn't know with G. I had absolutely no clue. I may have the second time around, but perhaps I was in denial.

For two weeks, I knew I'd start. I felt the cramping, the bloating, the mood swings, the achy boobs. I now know, these are signs of one of TWO things.

I'm pregnant. I'm scared. He's scared. We weren't exactly prepared. We're a week away from celebrating 2 years. Of course, not 2 years of being married, because we weren't ready for that. (Read that last sentence with as much sarcasm as you can possible muster.)

I took the first test. As soon as my urine hit the stick, I watched it move across the window. There would be no 5-minute wait necessary. I could see the results immediately.

Same with the second test last night. And the third this morning.

I haven't told anyone in my family.

We haven't told G (my 10-year-old son) yet, but he's no dummy. He knows something's up. We haven't told anyone in his family yet. This weekend will be the weekend.

Most would wait until the threat of miscarriage passes. Personally, I just want to get this over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment